Thursday, April 28, 2011

wedding fever!

No, I am not getting married again.  But I AM getting a little excited for the wedding tomorrow.  And don't say what wedding - you know.

Have you got your wedding kit ready?



                                    [image]

In honour of the event, I thought it would be nice to quickly look back in time to other royal weddings.  Gosh, can they make their mark in history.



Princess Grace of Monaco, the elegant Hollywood actress that showed us that fairy tales could come true, wore a beautiful modest gown given to her by MGM Studios (no joke - they did that for their stars back then).  High-necked, long-sleeved, with fitted torso and twenty-five yards of silk taffeta skirt, as well as one hundred yards of silk net, peau de soie, tulle and 125-year-old Brussels rose point lace. Oh, and a veil of 90 yards of tulle.  !!

I am really hoping that Kate's dress is modest, and that it sets some trends.

Dianan and all her bridesmaids also wore a lot of fabric.  I think those days are gone.  Imagine going to the loo in that dress!



I must say, I think it convenient that the broadcast of the event starts once I get home from work tomorrow.  Thank you mother England.


Here is a quick preview for you, to get you in the mood:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...